The Strain of Measles in Bulgaria Has Been Imported From Italy or Germany
Cases of measles in Bulgaria are increasing. They are already 92. The districts Blagoevgrad, Burgas, Plovdiv, Sofia and Sofia-city are affected.
A study in a German laboratory has shown that the strain circulating in our country is imported from Italy or Germany. This was announced by Prof. Todor Kantardzhiev, Director of the National Center for Contagious and Parasitic Diseases, to the Bulgarian National Television.
In a German laboratory samples of 21 measles cases from Razlog and Sofia were sent. The results confirmed the doubts of the health authorities that the strain circulating in Bulgaria is different from the one imported in 2017 from Ukraine.
From the National Center for Infectious and Parasitic Diseases reported that for the moment there are no complications of the measles infected patients in Bulgaria.
- » Germany Approved a Law that Will Make Vaccination Mandatory
- » The UN to Reduce the “Overly Expensive" Price of Insulin
- » Today Is the World Diabetes Day - more than 650,000 People in Bulgaria Live with the Disease
- » 5 Best CBD Gummies to Purchase This Year
- » US Health Authorities Have Identified the Ingredient in the Electronic Cigarettes that Causes Lung Illnesses
- » Annually more than 4,000 People Develop Lung Cancer in Bulgaria - over 3,000 of them Are Men