512 000 Russian Tourists Visited Bulgaria in 2018
The tourist business in Bulgaria relies on bilateral political support from the highest level to attract Russian tourists to Bulgaria. Data from the Ministry of Tourism indicate that early registrations of Russian tourists this year have decreased by 25%.
Last year, 512,000 Russian tourists visited Bulgaria, placing them in sixth place among foreigners.
Every year we lose an average of 30,000 tourists from Russia.
Prof. Stoyan Marinov - Varna Tourism Chamber: The main reason is the strong competition of Turkey and Egypt. Russian tourists reorientated to these destinations because of the exceptionally profitable offers.
Another reason - the heavy visa procedures for Russian citizens.
- » 5 Reasons Tuscany Should be at the Top of Your Travel Bucket List
- » Over BGN 1.374 Billion in Tourist Nights Spent in 9 Months
- » The Low-Cost Carrier Ryanair Opens a New Route to Bulgaria
- » Turkey Introduces New Tax on Hotel Services
- » Turkish Airlines Launches Flights to the Chinese City of Xi'an
- » Three Reasons to Visit Tibet in Winter