Rosatom Ready to Ensure Bulgaria's NPP Construction Within Short Time
"Rosatom has declared its readiness to take part in the implementation of this project. Today we see the constructive attitude of the current Bulgarian government, which intends to give a ‘restart’ to the construction of the Belene NPP. The Russian company is ready to participate in competitive procedures on an equal basis with other companies," Prikhodko told reporters, quoted by the Bulgarian National Television.
In 2006, the Russian Atomstroyexport company, a Rosatom subsidiary, won an international tender for building two units of the Belene NPP, but the project was frozen in 2009 after the government headed by Boyko Borissov had come to power.
The International Court of Arbitration at the International Chamber of Commerce ruled in June 2016 that Bulgaria's National Electric Company (NEK) had to pay some $637 million to Russia. The Bulgarian side paid its debt to Rosatom's subsidiary in December 2016.
In October 2018, it was reported that Sofia would announce a new tender for the NPP construction in 2019.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Exports to Romania Increase by over 40%
- » Bulgaria: Over 31% Jump in Electricity Production in November 2022
- » Bulgaria is the Third Importer of Turkish Tomatoes in the World
- » Egg Producers in Bulgaria expect their Price to Continue to Rise
- » Bulgarian State Support Saved Hundreds of Farms after the Effects of the War in Ukraine
- » Why Are Online Casinos so Successful in the UK