Protest in front of The National Assembly
Bulgarian "yellow vests" gathered in protest in front of the building of the National Assembly in Sofia, reported BGNES.
The demands of the protesters are to change the system, direct democracy and social justice.
Protesters insist on dropping the restrictions on the initiation of a General Assembly, which are now only allowed for settlements of up to 10,000 inhabitants.
Other requests include reducing the number of signatures to initiate a referendum of 50,000 people, dropping the quorum requirement, dropping restrictions on the subject of tax and budget policy consultations.
The protesters also insist on introducing the practice of direct citizen participation in the allocation of national and municipal budgets.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: More Details from Laura Kovesi Press Conference
- » CITUB: Minimum Wage in Bulgaria to Become BGN 764 in 2022
- » New Phishing Scam Gains Currency in Bulgaria, Cyber Security Experts Warn
- » Concession Procedure for Plovdiv Airport Terminated
- » Bulgaria’s President Denied Speculations about Three Seas Initiative
- » Bulgaria: Pirogov Emergency Hospital Checked for Inpatient Fraud