Protest in front of The National Assembly
Bulgarian "yellow vests" gathered in protest in front of the building of the National Assembly in Sofia, reported BGNES.
The demands of the protesters are to change the system, direct democracy and social justice.
Protesters insist on dropping the restrictions on the initiation of a General Assembly, which are now only allowed for settlements of up to 10,000 inhabitants.
Other requests include reducing the number of signatures to initiate a referendum of 50,000 people, dropping the quorum requirement, dropping restrictions on the subject of tax and budget policy consultations.
The protesters also insist on introducing the practice of direct citizen participation in the allocation of national and municipal budgets.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend