52 Cases of Measles Were Reported in Bulgaria So Far
So far, there are 52 cases of measles were reported to the Ministry of Health. Of these, 31 are laboratory-confirmed in the National Reference Laboratory, reported Novinite.bg
"Territoryally affected are three areas in the country: Blagoevgrad - 42 diseased; Sofia-city - 7; Sofia-region - 3. A total of 44 people are under 18 years of age'', the Health Minister said.
27 of all patients are without immunizations, of which 24 are children.
"The situation in the country is similar to the worldwide decline in immunization coverage in recent years, leading to epidemic outbreaks and epidemics in many countries. For this reason, the Ministry of Health has developed and proposed to the Council of Ministers a National Program for the Eradication of Measles and Rubella 2019-2022'', the Health Minister assured.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 685 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 721 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Nearly 1,000 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1339 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: No Deaths in the Last 24 hours
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: New Cases are Increasing