By 2060, 98% of the World's Population Will Live in 600 Cities
As a result of economic, climatic and other factors, the population of the world is growing, and migration is becoming more and more dynamic. Namely, people, and not just technology, are the key element in the development of smart cities. Around this opinion, international experts met at the conference "Knowledge City - Cities of the Future", which took place on 28 February in Sofia. The event was organized by Investor Media Group and was held under the patronage of Sofia Municipality.
Knowledge City - cities of the future started with a discussion on municipal strategies and the digital economy. In a special video, the Commissioner for Digital Economy and Societies, Maria Gabriel, highlighted the role of people in the development of every modern city.
"Infrastructure should make their lives better and ensure that everything happens in a safe way," Gabriel said.
Sasha Bezuhanova, a board member of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology, said that by the year 2050 there will be over 250 million climate migrants in the world, and this will be key to the development of cities of the future.
According to her, only in 40 years 98% of the world's population will live in 600 cities. According to Bezuhanova, whether Bulgarian cities will become smart depends on the opportunities that the global process reveals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 685 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Events: Interfood & Drink Expo in Sofia, Bulgaria with significant Italian presence
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 721 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: What are the Versions about the Explosion at "Arsenal" Weapons Factory
- » Bulgaria: More Free Wi-Fi Zones in Sofia’s Parks
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Nearly 1,000 New Cases in the Last 24 hours