Nurses in Bulgaria Are Protesting
Nurses from all over the country go to a national protest demanding a decent pay for their work, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
They insist on a starting salary of two minimum wages and regulation of working hours. Many of the nurses are doing extra work, claiming they are not paid or working in several places.
According to collective agreement this year, their salaries had to be increased from BGN700 to BGN 900. But many hospitals can not afford it.
After a meeting yesterday, Health Minister Kiril Ananiev assured that nurses will receive an increase, which the government has allocated for municipal and district hospitals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Keep Over 300,000 Jobs Until September 30 with the Measure 60/40
- » Ministry of Labor and Social Policy: BGN 1 Million for Computers to Socially Disadvantaged Children in Bulgaria
- » Assoc. Prof. Kunchev: The Epidemic in Bulgaria is still Far from Over
- » CEM with a New Chairman - Betina Zhoteva
- » PM Borissov: It is Most Important to Protect our Medical Professionals, They Will Receive Bonus Remuneration
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly