If There is No Brexit Deal: European Citizens Retain Their Rights
Britain will guarantee the rights of European citizens on its territory, and those of the British in the EU will also be preserved, even if the country comes out of the union without a deal, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
This was one of the proposals that British MPs approved last night. They supported Theresa May's new partnership for Brexit, but a number of concessions were made.
According to this plan, the agreement May negotiates with Brussels and the package of amendments that will succeed in the meantime, will be voted once again, not later than 12 March.
If it does not receive a green light this time, on March 13, MEPs will decide whether they want to get out of the EU without a deal. If they refuse, May 14 will put forward a proposal to postpone Brexit.
Opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn said he would support a second referendum on Brexit, but would continue to seek other alternatives.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Pro-Western and Pro-Ukrainian Protest against President Radev
- » Bulgaria: Ivan Geshev filed a Request to Remove the Immunity of Boyko Borissov
- » Bulgaria: GERB-SDS, WCC-DB and DPS gathered a Majority for Constitutional Reform
- » Bulgaria: Denkov and Mariya Gabriel presented the Project for a Regular Government
- » Bulgaria: The National Investigation Service becomes an Independent Body in the Judiciary
- » DPS will not Prevent the Formation of a Cabinet