Bulgarian Finance Minister Met with the Ambassadors of the Eurozone to Present Bulgaria's Progress
Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov met with the ambassadors of the eurozone countries and Denmark to present Bulgaria's progress in implementing measures to join the ERM II exchange rate mechanism and the banking union, the line ministry said.
The approval of the so-called a "waiting room" for the eurozone is expected in July, but in order to get it, a positive response from all the member states of the mechanism, namely the 19 countries that have introduced the euro, and Denmark, is a must.
By the middle of this year, additional measures will be taken to strengthen oversight in the banking and non-banking sectors.
This commitment has reasserted Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov to the ambassadors from the euro area countries and Denmark. More measures will be taken against money laundering.
Goranov has made a presentation of the country's macroeconomic indicators and has assured that Bulgaria will continue to pursue a prudent fiscal policy.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Over 80% Drop in Restaurant Turnover after Introduction of the "Green Certificate"
- » In September, the Growth of Foreign Tourists in Bulgaria was Nearly 40% for the Year
- » Are Employers in Bulgaria Required to Pay COVID Tests for their Employees?
- » Jeff Bezos wants to Build a Private Space Station
- » The US Considers Inclusion of Four Countries, Including Bulgaria, in the Visa-Free Travel Program
- » EU Council: The European Union Must Use Nuclear Power to Ensure its Energy Independence