EUR 28,000 Were Seized From the Hand Baggage of a Passenger on Sofia Airport
EUR 27 760 were seized by border police and customs officers at Terminal 2 at Sofia Airport.
A 42-year-old man from Yemen with a Belgian refugee travel document arrived on a flight from Paris via Belgrade. In the passport control, the border police officer asked for an additional check to be made. It was done together with customs officers when the passenger crossed a "green corridor" and stated that he did not carry anything to be declared. It was found that in the pockets and hand baggage the man carried a large amount of currency, mostly in banknotes of 50 euros.
The total amount of 27,760 euros exceeds the limit of 10,000 euros, which can be imported without a currency declaration, Border Police reported.
The undeclared currency has been seized, the 42-year-old man has been charged with an administrative violation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Premier: Do We have to Impose Total Lockdown Like Other Countries Did?
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cold and Snowy
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Wind Rises Sweeping in Cold Front
- » Breaking News: Malls and Gyms Open Doors in February
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow for Stormy Winds, Cloudy and Rainy
- » Protest in Bulgaria, Day 200: Protesters Tried to Enter the Council of Ministers