Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Bulgarian Visas Will be Issued in 15 Cities in India
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva met with Indian Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj. This is the first visit to India by an Indian Foreign Minister for two decades, the press center of the foreign ministry said.
"With the lowest tax in the EU, good infrastructure and hospitable people, Bulgaria can become India's door to Europe." With these words, Ekaterina Zaharieva turned to Sushma Swaraj.
Minister Zaharieva pointed out that a Bulgarian company is already successfully developing a business under the Make In India program, another company supplies Internet to more than 200,000 users in Delhi, and a Bulgarian plant produces medicines in India.
Thanks to these and other successful initiatives, bilateral trade has an upward trend. Data for the first ten months of 2018 show a 25% growth on an annual basis. More than 14,500 Indians, or 23% more on an annual basis, visited our country last year, Minister Zaharieva also pointed out.
She said that from March Bulgarian visas will be available in over 15 Indian cities.
The diplomacy of both countries should work to connect businesses and people. Areas with high potential for development include high technology, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, food and tourism.
''We invite Bulgarian companies to participate in the programs developed by India'', Sushima Swaraj said.
- » The President Awarded the Ambassador of Moldova to Bulgaria the Madara Horseman Order First Degree
- » Three Russian Men Charged with Poisoning Bulgarian Arms Dealer
- » Rumen Radev and Nicos Anastasiades: The EU Budget Should Reflect the Ambition for a United and Active Europe
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria has Invested over BGN 1 Billion for the Three Seas Initiative
- » Rumen Radev: The Partnership between Bulgaria and Japan Provides the Opportunity for our Speeded-up Development as a Country of High Technologies and Science
- » PM Borissov to Take Part in the Extraordinary Meeting of the European Council