Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Bulgarian Visas Will be Issued in 15 Cities in India
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva met with Indian Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj. This is the first visit to India by an Indian Foreign Minister for two decades, the press center of the foreign ministry said.
"With the lowest tax in the EU, good infrastructure and hospitable people, Bulgaria can become India's door to Europe." With these words, Ekaterina Zaharieva turned to Sushma Swaraj.
Minister Zaharieva pointed out that a Bulgarian company is already successfully developing a business under the Make In India program, another company supplies Internet to more than 200,000 users in Delhi, and a Bulgarian plant produces medicines in India.
Thanks to these and other successful initiatives, bilateral trade has an upward trend. Data for the first ten months of 2018 show a 25% growth on an annual basis. More than 14,500 Indians, or 23% more on an annual basis, visited our country last year, Minister Zaharieva also pointed out.
She said that from March Bulgarian visas will be available in over 15 Indian cities.
The diplomacy of both countries should work to connect businesses and people. Areas with high potential for development include high technology, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, food and tourism.
''We invite Bulgarian companies to participate in the programs developed by India'', Sushima Swaraj said.
- » Mariya Gabriel Is an EPP Vice-President Candidate
- » The Official Visit of Deputy Prime Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva to Angola Has Begun
- » Zaharieva's Official Visit to Namibia Has Begun
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva Leaves for an Official Visit to Africa
- » US President Donald Trump Will Receive PM Boyko Borissov at the White House on November 25, 2019
- » The Game of Envoys: Are the EU and the US Taking the Western Balkans more Seriously?