Bulgarian Energy Minister: Local Gas Sources Will Help Bulgaria to Reach Energy Independence
The local gas extraction in the Black Sea is among the most realistic types of diversification of the energy sources the Bulgarian government strives towards, reported the Bulgarian National Radio.
The local sources will help Bulgaria reach energy independence, this country’s Minister of Energy Temenuzhka Petkova said during her visit to the Noble Globetrotter II drillship of the energy company Shell.
In several days the drillship will begin deep-water exploration in Khan Kubrat section located 120 kilometers off the Burgas coast in a bid to discover oil and gas deposits.
Minister Petkova reminded that Bulgaria developed together with the European Commission a strategy for construction of gas distribution center in Bulgaria and the local extraction is among the possible sources of gas to the future Balkan gas hub.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » CPC Sealed Office of the Bulgarian Oil and Gas Association
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Finance Proposes to Establish State Oil Company
- » 2000 km Away from the Green Deal: How the History of One Power Plant Turned into Destiny for Several Generations of Bulgarians
- » ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP Operating Steadily under the Hardest Measures against COVID-19
- » The Impact of Covid-29 on Energy Markets
- » NSI: Increase in the Production of Unleaded Motor Gasoline - by 1.4% and Natural Gas