About 670,000 Tons of Food Are Disposed of by Bulgarians Every Year
In Bulgaria, nearly 670,000 tons of food goes to the trash every year. The reason - households buy more than they can consume.
Administrative procedures make it difficult for manufacturers and shops to donate food with a low shelf-life. Bulgarians do not fully understand the labels on food labels, a study by the European Commission shows. This is one of the reasons for the high amount of food waste. People do not make a difference between the "use before" and "best to" labels.
- » Bulgaria Is the Second Cheapest Country in the European Union
- » Tonight the Traffic on Struma Highway Will Be Stopped for an Hour
- » The Toll System Will Start Running at 12-14 Stotinki per Kilometer
- » Every Day on Average 74 Bulgarians Emigrated to Germany in 2018
- » 6.1 Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered in Bali
- » "Cinema Under the Stars" Begins Tonight with the Movie "Ága"