About 670,000 Tons of Food Are Disposed of by Bulgarians Every Year
In Bulgaria, nearly 670,000 tons of food goes to the trash every year. The reason - households buy more than they can consume.
Administrative procedures make it difficult for manufacturers and shops to donate food with a low shelf-life. Bulgarians do not fully understand the labels on food labels, a study by the European Commission shows. This is one of the reasons for the high amount of food waste. People do not make a difference between the "use before" and "best to" labels.
- » Students will Protest Outside the Bulgarian Ministry of Education due to the State Exam in English
- » Thousands Protested Against Prime Minister Netanyahu in Tel Aviv
- » Earthquake Measuring 3.2 on the Richter Scale Sensed in Dimitrovgrad and Haskovo
- » In the Afternoon Above the Eastern and Mountainous Regions of Bulgaria Could be Raindfall
- » Emblematic Objects of Bulgarian History Arrive in Sofia State Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg
- » Fandakova: For 1200 years now the Cyrillic alphabet is the guardian of our people