About 670,000 Tons of Food Are Disposed of by Bulgarians Every Year
In Bulgaria, nearly 670,000 tons of food goes to the trash every year. The reason - households buy more than they can consume.
Administrative procedures make it difficult for manufacturers and shops to donate food with a low shelf-life. Bulgarians do not fully understand the labels on food labels, a study by the European Commission shows. This is one of the reasons for the high amount of food waste. People do not make a difference between the "use before" and "best to" labels.
- » The Registry Agency Will Automatically Notify Changes To The Property Register
- » Duncan Laurence Is The Big Winner Of This Year's Eurovision Song Contest
- » 4.1 Magnitude Earthquake In Romania
- » Three Egyptian Vultures were Brought to the Bulgarian Rhodopes
- » Two Men have Died in a Pig Farm in Northeastern Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Education Ministry Considers Free Education for Certain University Majors