About 670,000 Tons of Food Are Disposed of by Bulgarians Every Year
In Bulgaria, nearly 670,000 tons of food goes to the trash every year. The reason - households buy more than they can consume.
Administrative procedures make it difficult for manufacturers and shops to donate food with a low shelf-life. Bulgarians do not fully understand the labels on food labels, a study by the European Commission shows. This is one of the reasons for the high amount of food waste. People do not make a difference between the "use before" and "best to" labels.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Rwanda Fights the Coronavirus with the Help of Robots!
- » New Era of Spaceflight: Robert Behnken and Douglas Hurley, First Austronauts from US since 2011
- » WHO Temporarily Suspends Hydroxychloroquine Tests for COVID-19, Nigeria Goes On with the Trial
- » May 27: 17 New Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria - Total Reached 2460
- » Rain is Expected in the Afternoon - Maximum Temperaturеs Will Reach 21°
- » Report on The Pandemic: “Disastrous” Impact on Children’s Rights Worldwide