Bulgarian Authorities Shut Down 15 Websites Selling Fake Goods
Bulgarian authorities have shut down 15 websites selling fake goods with logos of world famous brands and arrested two suspects, the Ministry of Interior said in a statement on Monday.
During the operation, which was conducted on Thursday in the city of Varna on the Black Sea coast, the authorities searched five addresses and seized computers, large amounts of money, over 9,500 men's and women's perfumes of 30 leading world brands, some 300 pairs of sneakers, and over 600 pairs of sunglasses, the statement said.
One of the suspects was detained in an office of a courier company when he was trying to send 117 shipments purchased through these websites, it said.
The evidence gathered so far indicated that the 15 websites were aimed at customers in Bulgaria, Greece and Romania.
One of the websites had over 43,000 registered users and made up more than 25,000 perfume sales, the statement said.
- » Attacker Detained after Stabbing a 16-year-old in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Detained 30,000 kg of Unregistered Hookah Tobacco
- » Regional Court of Plovdiv Left in Custody Conductor who Molest Teenage Girl
- » Woman In Her 30s Was Found Dead In The Orlandovtsi Neighbourhood Of Sofia
- » 8 tons Of Illegal Fuel Were Found At A Gas Station In Devin
- » Tsenko Chokov Is Under House Arrest Due To His Illness