False Calls to Bulgaria Emergency Number 112 are Decreasing
In 2018 in the national 112 system, 3 663 790 calls were received, of which 1 918 861 with specific requests from citizens for assistance (real alerts), reports Darik.
1 379 828 incidents were sent to the emergency services. This was reported in Sofia today, when the employees of the system celebrate their professional celebration - the European Day of 112. Representatives of the leadership of the Ministry of Interior and other institutions attend the celebration.
There is a tendency to reduce the number of calls received - 10% less in 2018 compared to 2017th. This is due to the information initiatives to explain the purpose of the 112 telephone and the measures taken by the National System 112 Directorate and the Directorate of the Ministry of the Interior to search for responsibility and issue penalties to citizens who use the 112 emergency telephone.
At the same time, the number of registered alerts decreases - by 3% in 2018 compared to the previous year, which is due to the decreasing number of repeated calls for the same incident.
- » Bulgarian Security Agency will have Access to Student Data to Monitor Radicalization
- » Distribution of Over BGN 620 Thousand Worth of Pensions in Bulgaria is Temporarily Suspended
- » Warning of Dangerous Undercurrents Along the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Traffic on Struma Motorway Expected to be Allowed Partially from Friday
- » Bulgarian PM: Government is Implementing Consistent Policy to Build and Renovate Sports Facilities Across the Country
- » Bulgarian Mountain Rescuers: Injured Tourist near Malyovitsa Peak is Safe