Sofia is Again Becoming a Digital Capital
And this year, Webit will welcome the leaders of the largest and most innovative companies in the world, NOVA TV reports.
The Webit festival this year will again turn Sofia into a digital capital. The event will be held from May 13 to May 15 and this year's edition will welcome the leaders of the world's largest and most innovative companies, hundreds of investors and thousands of entrepreneurs.
Among the most interesting guests at the festival this year is the idea-man Mark Cuban. The businessman and investor is among the richest in the US, earning his fortune through a series of sales of his own businesses. He is the owner of the NBA team Dallas Mavericks who transformed into a champion only a few years later.
According to the organizers of over 60 million euros is estimated effect of Webit on the Bulgarian economy.
This includes both revenue from tourism services and direct and indirect investment in companies, creating new jobs and marketing the destination as a venue for innovation and as a location for global event tourism.
Last year's edition included 7,000 participants from 110 countries, and the influential forum for innovation and entrepreneurship was opened by the robot Sofia.
- » Moody's Downgraded India's Credit Rating Outlook
- » Nikolina Angelkova: 60% of the Tourists in the Winter Season will come from Neighbouring Countries
- » From Portugal to Turkey - Travel through 17 Countries, 10,000 km on Foot
- » Moody's Downgraded UK Credit Outlook Because of Brexit
- » Chinese Carmaker Geely Has Sold More than 1 Million Vehicles this Year
- » Bulgaria Becomes Part of the Common European Electricity Market