Sofia is Again Becoming a Digital Capital
And this year, Webit will welcome the leaders of the largest and most innovative companies in the world, NOVA TV reports.
The Webit festival this year will again turn Sofia into a digital capital. The event will be held from May 13 to May 15 and this year's edition will welcome the leaders of the world's largest and most innovative companies, hundreds of investors and thousands of entrepreneurs.
Among the most interesting guests at the festival this year is the idea-man Mark Cuban. The businessman and investor is among the richest in the US, earning his fortune through a series of sales of his own businesses. He is the owner of the NBA team Dallas Mavericks who transformed into a champion only a few years later.
According to the organizers of over 60 million euros is estimated effect of Webit on the Bulgarian economy.
This includes both revenue from tourism services and direct and indirect investment in companies, creating new jobs and marketing the destination as a venue for innovation and as a location for global event tourism.
Last year's edition included 7,000 participants from 110 countries, and the influential forum for innovation and entrepreneurship was opened by the robot Sofia.
- » Lower Consumption and Exports will Slow Growth in Bulgaria in 2020-2021
- » Which Major Chains Opened New Stores in Bulgaria in 2019?
- » Is there an Economic Crisis on the Bulgaria Sea Coast this Summer?
- » Bulgarian Flight Delays Trigger A Government Investigation
- » Eurostat: In Five Years No Sea Cruise has been Realized in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Ranks Last in the EU in Online Holiday Booking