Trade Union Podkrepa: We will Protect Coal Plant Maritsa Iztok by all Means
Trade union Podkrepa will protect the Maritsa Iztok complex by all available means, union leader Dimitar Manolov said at the opening of a congress of the organisation 30 years after its establishment, Focus News Agency reports. “We will always protect the Maritsa Iztok complex while it is able to operate, generate the sole 100% Bulgarian electricity, not dependant on imports of raw materials, technology or labour,” Manolov declared. “We hope the next European Commission will have a more reasonable policy in this crucial field not only for Bulgaria but for Europe as well,” he added. He further said the Bulgarian coal power industry in the area of Maritsa Iztok was at risk of destruction and needed continuous efforts by Bulgarian institutions to protect the national energy sector. Environmental protection is very important, but the priority should be placed on people’s interests and then one should find the acceptable balance, he said.
- » Turkey Opened an Amusement Park, 3 Times Larger Than Disney's Magic Kingdom
- » Three New Cases of African Swine Fever in Wild Boars in Bulgaria
- » Microsoft Stops Windows 7
- » Bulgaria's Chief Health Inspector: Lack of Staff is the most Serious Problem in Health Care
- » Forum "Women. Technology. Time" Held in Sofia
- » Clear Sky until Noon, some Clouds later Today in East Bulgaria, Highs Between 14-19°C