Lately Bulgarian Consumers Believe that Buying a Car or Home is more Affordable
In January, there has been some improvement in consumer intentions to make purchases of durable items such as car, home or home improvement. The comparison relates to the moods 12 months ago, according to the National Statistical Institute (NSI) data from the quarterly consumer survey. In addition, people in smaller settlements are more optimistic than those in the cities, reports Dnevnik.
In January 2019 the total consumer confidence indicator rose by 1.9 percentage points compared to October 2018, with the population in cities increasing by 1 point and by 2.9 percentage points in the rural population.
According to consumer estimates, there has been some positive change in the overall economic situation in the country over the past twelve months. The expectations of those living in villages are this positive trend to continue over the next twelve months as opposed to the urban population, which is slightly more negative than three months earlier.
With regard to unemployment expectations in the country over the next twelve months, it will remain roughly at its level in October 2018.
Consumers' expectations about their financial position are also improving over the next 12 months.
Ratings for consumer price changes over the last twelve months are less favorable. At the same time, however, the inflation expectations for the next twelve months are less expressed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Nobel Prize in Medicine for mRNA Vaccines against COVID-19
- » Bulgaria: Bus with around 30 Migrants Crashed near Breznik
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 33 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Increasingly Chilly in the Morning and Warm in the Afternoon
- » Bulgaria: Sirens Today as the National Early Warning System will be Tested
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 231 New Cases in the Last 24 hours