UNICEF: Every Fifth Child in the World Lives in Extreme Poverty
Every fifth child in the world lives in extreme poverty and has less than $ 2 a day. This shows the results of a study by UNICEF and the International Labor Organization, the Bulgarian National Television reports.
Almost half of the world's children live in "moderate" poverty, with only a third of them covered by social protection.
There are 87% of children in Europe and Central Asia, 66% in North and South America and only 16% in Africa.
- » Iran Will Allow Women to Attend National Football Team Match
- » Pope Francis Expressed Concern About Forest Fires in the Amazon Jungle
- » Boris Johnson: Britain Will Be an International, Outward-Looking Country after Brexit
- » Scientists Performed the First Complex Quantum Teleportation
- » Beijing Introduces New Retaliatory Tariffs on about $75 Billion Worth of US Goods
- » Putin and Erdogan Discussed the Situation in Syria over the Phone