UNICEF: Every Fifth Child in the World Lives in Extreme Poverty
Every fifth child in the world lives in extreme poverty and has less than $ 2 a day. This shows the results of a study by UNICEF and the International Labor Organization, the Bulgarian National Television reports.
Almost half of the world's children live in "moderate" poverty, with only a third of them covered by social protection.
There are 87% of children in Europe and Central Asia, 66% in North and South America and only 16% in Africa.
- » This Year China will Launch up to Eight New Satellites from the Beidou Navigation System
- » Once Again the British Parliament is Postponing the Vote for Brexit
- » FAA: It Is Still not Clear When the Boeing 737 Max Will Return to the Sky
- » Volcano in Mexico Has Erupted
- » Polls open in Netherlands and Britain for European Parliament Elections
- » Emerging Europe Announces Nominees for 2019 Awards