Theresa May and Jean-Claude Juncker Will Discuss the Deal for Brexit
British Prime Minister Teresa May and European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker will discuss the deal for Brexit in Brussels on how the UK wants to amend or replace the Irish backstop, reported Econ.bg
Three separate options are currently being considered by ministers - the so-called "Malthouse Compromise", putting an end date on the backstop, or creating a mechanism which allows the UK to leave the arrangement at a time of its choosing.
Before today's meeting, it became clear that the European Union's position on the agreement remained unchanged and it was not subject to renegotiation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » USA: Today We Celebrate 19 years of Bulgaria in NATO
- » Bulgaria’s VMZ - Sopot might Produce 155-mm Shells but only Experimentally
- » Kiril Petkov: We are ready to Talk with Everyone, even GERB, but about Policies
- » Bulgarian PM: They will not Scare Us with Bomb Threats, Don’t be Afraid to Vote
- » Survey before the Elections in Bulgaria: “We Continue the Change” Lead by 1.4% over GERB
- » Ukraine is Waiting for Hundreds of Thousands of Projectiles for 350 Million Leva from Bulgaria’s VMZ-Sopot