2018 Was the Third or Fourth Hottest Year
2018 will probably be ranked third or fourth as the warmest year since meteorological observation in the world. This was said in the show "This morning" bTV by the climatologist Prof. Georgi Rachev, who just returned from Antarctica.
''The ice in Antarctica is definitely melting'', he said.
According to him, where the Balkan glacier has reached the ocean, it is now 30-40 meters inland. ''For 10 years there is a retreat with more than a meter, Rachev'', he pointed out.
While 2018 was slightly cooler than the three prior years, Earth still had its fourth-warmest year since scientists began keeping records in 1880, the federal agencies said. Their separate analyses add to decades of evidence that the burning of fossil fuels, the clearing of forests and other human activities are releasing heat-trapping greenhouse gases into the atmosphere and causing the planet to warm.
''The global temperature is steadily rising, and it changes the natural environment'', the climatologist added.
The warmest year was 2016, followed by 2017, 2015, 2018 and 2014, according to NASA’s rankings.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Yellow Code for Low Temperatures in 25 Regions of Bulgaria
- » Why is it so Hard to Predict Earthquakes?
- » The Weather will be Sunny and Cold, Strong Wind is expected in Eastern Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Strong Wind Knocked Down Trees in Varna
- » Bulgaria: The Wind Speed in Sliven reaches over 100 km/h
- » Yellow Code for Negative Temperatures throughout Bulgaria