Exports of Electricity Jumped Over 200% For Just 1 Year
According to data from the Electricity System Operator, by February 3, the electricity exports to neighboring countries increased by more than 199%.
Bulgaria's electricity exports increased by 199.72% a year by February 3, according to data from the state Electricity System Operator. The increase is mainly due to an increase in exports to Turkey. The current energy balance report reports growth in electricity production by 12 per cent, while consumption has increased by nearly 5 per cent.
The state recognizes that the increased production is mainly due to the base capacities of the country - NPP and TPP. At the same time, large renewable energy plants have reduced their production by over 3 per cent.
There is only an increase for renewable power plants connected to electricity suppliers that provide electricity for household consumers and small businesses.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » France has filled its Gas Storages to 100%
- » For the first Nine Months of 2022, St. Nikola Wind Farm generated 7% more Energy Y/Y
- » The Bulgarian-Greek Gas Connection was officially launched in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Radev and Aliyev discussed Bulgarian Enterprises receiving Gas directly from Azerbaijan
- » Foreign Leaders will arrive in Bulgaria for the Opening Ceremony of the Interconnector with Greece
- » Europe is preparing for a Shut Down of Mobile Networks this Winter