Former Government Hospital “Lozenets” to be Transformed into Commercial Entity
Bulgaria’s Parliament on 1st of February passed at second reading amendments to the Medical Treatment Facilities Act under which Lozenets Hospital in Sofia, which works under the authority of the Council of Ministers and until the late 1980s was for exclusive use by the members of the political elite, will be transferred under the Health Ministry. The hospital will also be transformed into a commercial entity. The transformation will be completed within 6 months, writes the Bulgarian National Television.
The transformed medical institution will continue to carry out the training of students and graduates as an accredited hospital at the Medical Faculty of Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski.
Within three months from the entry into force of the amendments, the Council of Ministers is to approve a draft of a contract regulating the relations between the Minister of Health and the Rectors of the respective higher schools, that until the entry into force of this Act are assigned the management of the state medical institution.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » May 25: Only 6 New Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria, Total: 2433
- » 2427 Cases of COVID-19 on May 24 in Bulgaria
- » Coronavirus: The Current Situatuation in the World
- » May 23, Bulgaria: Total Number of COVID-19 Cases is 2408, 808 - Cured
- » Catholic Priest is Using a Squirt Gun to Bless Believers
- » Trump: We are Not Closing the Country in Case of a Second Wave