Almost the Whole of Bulgaria in Grip of Flu Epidemic
Montana district is the latest to declare flu epidemic as of 29th of January. Schools cancelled classes until 4th of February, reports BNT.
Thus, 24 districts out of 28 in total have declared flu epidemic.
Nearly 1,400 schools in the country have been closed because of the flu.
According to Bulgaria’s minister of health the flu season will peak this week.
Prof. Dr. Yoto Yotov, University Hospital "St. Marina", Varna: On the one hand, the complications of the flu are those that lead to fatal outcomes. On the other hand, the flu and any such serious infectious disease lead to complication of the cardiovascular diseases themselves. Therefore, in the recommendations of the European and Bulgarian Society of Cardiology, we strongly recommend that, when there is no contraindication, patients with cardiovascular disease should be vaccinated against influenza in order to protect themselves from these severe complications.
Free examinations and consultations for patients with suspected flu symptoms will be available today at the Military Medical Academy (MMA) in Sofia. It is an emergency surgery and patients do not have to go through the GP. However, they need to make an arrangement. The patients will be consulted by experts from the Department of Infectious Diseases at the MMA from 09:00 to 14:00.
- » The Samples for Legionnaires’ Disease Taken from the Hotel Where the British Tourists Have Stayed Are Negative
- » New Case of African Swine Fever Confirmed in Varna Area
- » A Substance Contained in Liquids for E-Cigarettes and Hookahs Will Be Included in the the Drug List
- » Two New Cases of West Nile Fever in Bulgaria
- » Doctors, Hospitals and Pharmacies - with Reports For the Protection of Personal Data
- » Three New Cases of African Swine Fever in Wild Boar in Bulgaria