Flu Epidemic in Place for 23 Bulgarian Regions
Today, the regional health inspectorate in Montana also declared a flu epidemic in the area. School classes have been cancelled until 4 February 2019. Regular consultations of pregnant women and children, hospital visits and planned operations and vaccinations are suspended until further notice, reports Focus News Agency.
On Monday, a flu epidemic was declared in Vratsa, as well, and the anti-epidemic measures in the regions of Haskovo and Yambol were extended.
Thus, the regions affected by the flu are now 23: Blagoevgrad, Burgas, Varna, Veliko Tarnovo, Vidin, Vratsa, Dobrich, Kardzhali, Kyustendil, Montana, Pazardzhik, Pleven, Plovdiv, Razgrad, Ruse, Sliven , Smolyan, Sofia, Sofia-city, Stara Zagora, Haskovo, Shumen and Yambol. In the region of Lovech a flu epidemic has been declared only on the territory of Lukovit Municipality.
There are no classes in 1,370 schools across the country.
- » Five Measles Cases Registered in the Area of Kyustendil
- » More than 50 Ticks were Removed from the Head of a Child in Sofia
- » Only Half of Asthmatics in Bulgaria are Diagnosed According to an Allergist
- » Another 4-year Term For GPs To Acquire General Medicine
- » Today is the World Hypertension Day
- » Greek Doctors Are Striking Because Of Low Salaries