71-Year-Old Woman From Svilengrad Gave BGN 14 000 to Phone Scammers
A resident of Svilengrad at the age of 71 has been a victim of phone scammers, the District Police Directorate of Haskovo has announced. The woman went to the police station and said she had been deceived under the scheme "money for a close relative".
The woman told the police that she had not been able to find out during the telephone conversation for who exactly the scammers wanted the money for an emergency operation. Nevertheless, she collected all her money and gold jewelleries. Following the instructions, she gave them BGN 14 000, 2 gold rings and a bracelet in the space between "Gen. Skobelev" Str.
After she realized she was misled, she signaled in the Regional Directorate - Svilengrad. Work on pre-trial proceedings continues.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Police Investigation Into Deaths of a Brother and Sister Near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Scottish Man Killed in the Capital's Dragalevtsi District