One Killed, Two Injured in Swiss Avalanche
An avalanche in southern Switzerland has killed one person and injured two others, police said Sunday, the latest deadly incident following heavy snowfall across the region, reported AFP.
A group of seven French nationals in a skiing party were on a snow ledge near the Vanil Carre mountain in the Chateau-d'Oex district Saturday when the avalanche occurred, said police in Switzerland's Vaud canton.
A 39-year-old man was "totally buried" and killed, while two others survived with minor injuries, said the police statement.
Switzerland's national weather office earlier in the week raised its avalanche warnings to the highest level across several parts of the country.
Last week, at least three people were killed by an avalanche in western Austria, while French authorities have also warned of a high avalanche risk in the Haute-Savoie region that borders Switzerland
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Plane Crashes While Landing in Kerala, India
- » Young Man Dies in A Railway Accident
- » Beirut: Lebanon in Mourning After Massive Explosion
- » Light Airplane Crashed Into a Building in Northern Greece
- » Sofia: Man Falls Under a Bridge in Knyazhevo District, He is Injured
- » Italy's Volcano Stramboli Erupts Unexpectedly