Somalia Orders Top UN Envoy to Leave
Somalia's government has ordered the UN top envoy to the troubled country to leave, accusing him of "deliberately interfering with the country's sovereignty", AFP reported.
The order comes days after the official, Nicholas Haysom, raised concerns at the action of Somalia's UN-backed security services in recent violence that left several people dead.
"The Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General for Somalia, Nicholas Haysom, is no longer welcome in Somalia and cannot operate in the country," the foreign ministry said in a statement late Tuesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Analysis: Putin’s War and Beyond
- » The EC approved Bulgaria to Receive over BGN 32 Billion (EUR 16.4) for 7 years
- » Von der Leyen: Europe should prepare to Stop Gas Supplies from Russia
- » Erdogan: We are Close to a Deal for the Transport of Grain through the Black Sea
- » Boris Johnson is Fighting for his Political Survival
- » Dutch PM: If North Macedonia does not accept the French Proposal, Albania is Moving Forward Alone