Moscow Concerned Over NATO, EU Attempts to Strengthen Presence in Balkans
/TASS/. Moscow is concerned about attempts by NATO and the European Union to strengthen their presence in the Balkan region, which leads to new dividing lines and destabilizes the situation in Europe, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said in an interview with the Greek Efimerida ton Syntakton newspaper.
"The situation in the Balkans causes concern," he said. "We see NATO and the European Union stepping up efforts to strengthen their presence in the region. They demand that the countries of the region make a false choice: whether they want to be with Moscow or with Washington and Brussels," Lavrov added.
According to the Russian top diplomat, such activities "further destabilize Europe’s security architecture, lead to rising tensions and new dividing lines."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Putin signed the Laws to Annex Four Ukrainian Territories
- » EU countries agreed on the Eighth Package of Sanctions against Russia
- » Putin: Russia now has Four New Territories, We are ready for Negotiations with Ukraine
- » Russia has declared the Nord Stream Leaks “State Terrorism” and turned its attention to the US
- » Tomorrow Putin will Sign the Annexation Agreements of One Fifth of Ukraine
- » Russian Nuclear Threats: US steps up Surveillance, Poland wants “Devastating” NATO response