Innovation Promotion Programme Will be Open to All Schools, Says Education Minister
The Ministry of Education and Science will propose a national innovation promotion programme that will be open to all schools, Minister Krasimir Valchev said to reporters at the first National Innovation Forum, Focus News Agency reports.
With a budget of at least BGN 1.5 million, the programme will encourage the establishment of partner networks and innovation exchange between schools.
“A primary objective of education policy should be developing a culture of beneficial innovation in all schools, not just those that have applied with an innovation project […] The innovative schools are 290 out of 2400, about 13%,” Valchev said. He further explained that innovation in schools was mostly related to teaching methods, the motivation of students, improvements to the learning environment and the introduction of information technology. The programme is expected to start early next year.
- » The Government Allocates nearly 2.5 Million for Physical Education and Sports in Kindergartens and Schools
- » 8 Out of 10 Students in Sofia Are Subject to Aggression
- » Bulgarian President Honours Bulgarian Scientists with "John Atanasoff" Award
- » The Teacher Salary to Become BGN 1750?
- » How to Secure a Job After Graduation
- » Teachers who Enrol in Motivated Teachers National Programme Will Be Stimulated with BGN 500 Salary Increase