The Schengen Information System will contain DNA data
The Schengen Information System will contain DNA data and fingerprints in the future, the EU Council said today, quoted by the Bulgarian National Television.
It is intended to introduce fingerprints not only from the fingers but also from the broad palms when it comes to suspected serious crimes and wanted to participate in terrorism.
Changes are expected to facilitate cooperation between EU countries in ongoing investigations, border controls and the fight against illegal migration. The changes will come into force once they have been voted by the European Parliament.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More Details about Espionage Scandal: Group of Top Bulgarian Military Involved in Spying for Russia Detained
- » UK to Boost Nuclear Trident Warheads Arsenal by 40 Percent in Response to China, Russia Threat
- » Bulgaria to Host Several Multinational Military Drills, NATO Members Hone Interoperability
- » Bulgaria: Defense Committee Approves Creation of Cyber Warfare Command
- » Bulgarian Military Contingent to Take Part in Resolute Support NATO Mission in Afghanistan
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: Eight Su-25 Aircraft in Fighting Trim at Bezmer Base