Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov Meets with Mayors of Small Towns
Prime Minister Boyko Borissov will meet with the mayors of some Bulgarian small towns today.
The decision came after the mayors threatened to come to protest under the windows of the Council of Ministers during the weekend.
However, the Prime Minister invited them to a conversation and the demonstration was canceled.
Mayors protest because the funding of their municipalities is bad and it is not enough for their needs.
They insist each village to have its own budget and municipal mayors are obliged by law to comply with it.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Approves the Report of Prosecutor General Geshev
- » Prosecutor General Geshev: Prosecutor’s Office is Not to Blame for All Problems in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's National Assembly Debating the Request for Resignation of Tsveta Karayancheva
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Health Minister Angelov - Do Not Travel to Blagoevgrad and Targovishte
- » Last Minute: Bulgaria's Leading Party GERB Changed the State of Emergency Measures Act
- » Council of Ministers: Bulgarians Must Observe the Measures, No Checkpoints Between the Cities