Marine Le Pen Will Visit Sofia on November 16
French Prime Minister Marine Le Pen will be on a working visit in Sofia on November 16 to meet nationalist and populist allies from Eastern Europe in connection with the forthcoming elections to the European Parliament next May.
In the Bulgarian capital, the President of the National Assembly will participate in a conference called "Europe of Nations and Freedom, a New Model for European Citizens". At the forum of far-right formations, she will meet with the chairman of the Bulgarian party Volya (''WIll'') Vesselin Mareshki called "the Bulgarian Trump", the chairman of the Czech party "Freedom and direct democracy" Tomio Okamura, with the former leader of the Belgian Flemish party Vlaams belang and the current leader of the Movement for a Europe of Nations and Freedom (DENS), Gerolf Annemans, and a representative of the Austrian Freedom Party.
In the European Parliament, it is represented by the political group "Europe of Nations and Freedom", part of which is the National Assembly, the Italian League Party and the Austrian Party of Freedom.
On May 1, a meeting of these politicians, organized by the Movement for Europe of Nations and Freedom, was held in Nice, France, where they defended the "identity" of the nations and the Greek-Christian origin of European "civilization".
This is Marine Le Pen's second visit abroad in connection with the forthcoming European elections in May. On October 8, she met in Rome with her Italian ally, Matteo Salvini, chairman of the League.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus