Brazilian Football Star Murdered, Found 'Almost Beheaded', with 'Genitals Severed'
A professional Brazilian footballer was found dead in a bush over the weekend after reportedly being tortured, almost "beheaded" and with his "genitals severed".
The body of 24-year-old Sao Paulo star Daniel Correa Freitas was discovered in Sao Jose dos Pinhais, a city in Brazil's southern state of Parana.
Police in Brazil have opened an investigation into the death and according to several local reports, Freitas died of gunshot wounds.
However, according to a detailed report in Brazilian newspaper Band B, Freitas had been the victim of "torture".
Quoting a municipal guard, the report stated: "From the appearance of the body, it was a very violent situation.
"The man had two deep cuts on his neck, was nearly beheaded, and his genitals were severed."
The body was found by people walking around the area.
The report further claimed that the road where Freitas' body was found is known for the spawning of corpses.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Team Bulgaria will take 13 Athletes to the MMA World Championship in Serbia
- » NBA Championship Favorites 2022-23: Boston Firmly on Top, Brooklyn Remain Contenders
- » 2024 Olympics in Danger of Failure: 40 Countries may Boycott them over Russia and Belarus
- » Australia warns Djokovic's Family over Russian Flag and Symbols
- » The Young Players who can Transform Bulgarian Football
- » Poland called the upcoming Matches between Bulgarian and Russian Football Clubs a "Disgrace