Anti-war Activists to Stage Rally in Sofia Sunday
All anti-war organizations in Bulgaria led by the Committee "Bulgaria for Peace" said they would stage a silent rally in front of the Parliament today. They will protest while MPs discuss governmental proposal for Bulgarian assistance to the looming strike on Iraq. The protestors demand no participation of Bulgaria in what they call "unjustified and blunt attack."
Bulgarian pacifists say a wave of giant anti-war rallies is surging across the world. "All people who oppose the attack on Iraq around the globe will unite and will stop the aggression," Stefan Gaytandzhiev from the Committee "Bulgaria for Peace said. He stressed that even Iraqi decedents and political adversaries of Saddam Hussein got evolved with his organization as they "loath civilian death and destruction."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Council of Europe with Heavy Critics over GERB's Draft of New Constitution
- » Extraordinary Measures: Bulgaria Proposes Lockdown, Closes Schools, Restaurants, Malls
- » Putin is Unable to Recognize Biden as US President
- » Prof. Rumen Gechev: BSP Proposes Alternative Budget Based on Progressive Income Tax
- » Venice Commission Insists on Limiting Authorities of Bulgaria’s Prosecutor General
- » Sofia Ranks 13th by Air Pollution in the World