Deputy Minister of Defence Atanas Zapryanov Opened an International Scientific Conference on Cybersecurity and Cyber Defence
Deputy Minister of Defence Atanas Zapryanov opened an international scientific conference on cybersecurity and cyber defence entitled Building a Rapid Response. The conference is held on 13-14 June 2018 in Sofia in the framework of the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU.
“The topic of the conference is of exceptional importance because cybersecurity is a very high priority both for EU and for NATO. This forum provides us with an opportunity to speak about the cooperation between the two organisations in the area of cyber defence,” said Deputy Minister Zapryanov. “With respect to cybersecurity, we need proactive policy and proactive measures which will allow the armed forces to build cyber defence capabilities,”
he declared, emphasising that the Bulgarian Government has already proposed a draft act in the sphere of cybersecurity. The draft act incorporates specific functional responsibilities assigned to the respective ministers, including the Minister of Defence and the Chief of Defence. These responsibilities are related to establishing cybersecurity policy at the Ministry of Defence, to structuring the cyber defence capabilities and the resources necessary for the implementation of this goal.
The participants at the conference will discuss approaches and possibilities related both to rapid response in counteracting cyber-attacks and to cyber challenges by offering solutions in the sphere of research and technologies, education and specialised training at EU level.
Representatives of governments of EU member states, EU institutions, the academic community, innovation centres, the defence industry and the armed forces participate in the conference with the goal to encourage dialogue focusing on necessary, appropriate and emerging innovations in the sphere of cyber defence. The conference is organised by the Defence Institute “Professor Tsvetan Lazarov” in partnership with the European Defence Agency (EDA).
- » The Bulgarian Presidency Puts the Future of Health at the Centre of EU Ministerial Debate
- » The 70-тн EUPAN Director General Meeting was Held in Sofia
- » The Bulgarian Presidency Helps the EU Move Towards a more Efficient EU VAT System
- » Bulgarian Presidency Reports on the Progress Made on Topics Overseen by European Parliament’s Committee on Constitutional Affairs
- » Joint Statement by Commissioners Avramopoulos and King, the Ministers of Interior of the Western Balkans
- » V. Dombrovskis: Low Incomes are not an Obstacle to Bulgaria's Joining the Eurozone's "Waiting Room"