Eight Countries will Participate in the largest NATO Military Exercise in Bulgaria
This year's largest military exercise on Bulgarian territory, SABER JUNCTION 18, will be held in September and will involve eight NATO countries. The exercise will last for three weeks, and in the scenario, there will be real fighting to push away an unnamed aggressor. This is the culmination of a series of alliance maneuvers in Bulgaria that begin in less than a month - on July 5, writes Dnevnik.
During the year, a total of three exercises will be held in Bulgaria and they will be with the participation of NATO allies.
The largest of them, SABER JUNCTION, will be held at Novo Selo, between September 4 and 30. The leading country is the United States, with troops from Bulgaria, Germany, Poland, Romania and the three Baltic republics Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia participating in it. It should involve between 3,000 and 5,000 people.
This week in Saudi Arabia and the Baltic republics, Saber Strike 18 ends with the participation of thousands of soldiers. It is a demonstration that the military alliance is particularly concerned about the protection of this group of allies and the ability to freely move its troops through the allied territory, including the border between Kaliningrad and Belarus, Dnevnik writes.
- » The F-16 Fighters for Bulgaria Come from India
- » Bulgaria’s Air Force Reported Successful Completion of the Key Tasks for the Past 2018
- » Bulgarian Defence Committee Approved Negotiating Mandate for Acquiring F-16 Aircrafts
- » Bulgaria’s Government Assures the Procedure for the Acquisition of a New Type of Fighter is Transparent
- » Bulgaria Decides to Start Talks with US on F-16 jet Deal
- » Government Will Give an Opinion on the Choice of New Fighters For the Army