Facebook Continues to Lose Its Most Important Audience
Facebook has a lot of problems this year, but one of them can have much more serious consequences in the long term. Pew Research Center survey shows a large outflow of the most important audience of the social network - teenagers.
In 2015, the survey showed that 71% of American teenagers between 13 years old and 17 years old used Facebook. Now the number that responded the same was 51%.
The data shows another interesting division. Generally, teenagers use the same online platforms regardless of their demographics. However, one of the bright exceptions is Facebook. It turned out that teenagers from lower income families use Facebook more compared to their peers from larger-income families.
Where do the young people go? Currently, the main online destination, where most teenagers live, is YouTube. Around 85% of the young people say they are using the video portal. This seems logical to the background and to the increasing popularity of the messengers. On the second place in popularity is Instagram -72%, followed by Snapchat by 69%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Specialized Companies from the Netherlands and Bulgarian Agri-Producers partner in doubling Bulgaria’s Fruit and Vegetables production
- » Belgrade: The EU adopted the first package of Sanctions against Serbia
- » ITA Airways: Direct Flights between Sofia and Rome
- » Ethereum and Monero: Which Project Is More Ecologically Friendly?
- » France has filled its Gas Storages to 100%
- » A Global Manufacturer from the Automotive Industry will invest in Bulgaria