Bulgarian Customs Officers Seized nearly 700,000 Fake Children's Goods
Over 675,000 children's items, including toys, clothes and other goods intended for children, have been detained by customs officers over the past 18 months. In 68% of the objects, the ground for detention is a violation of the legal framework relating to the protection of intellectual property rights. In the remaining 32% of the cases, there are smuggled goods that have not been declared to Bulgarian customs in the relevant order.
Most of the goods detained are toys - nearly 340,000 items, of which 94% of the trademarked firms have claimed to be counterfeit. Secondly, the group of clothes and other textiles - nearly 87,000 pieces, of which 82% were counterfeit. Customs officers most often retain imitation of popular toys - children's mobile phones, plastic constructions, figurines, dolls and more. Often detained goods are sets of T-shirts and shorts that mimic the ones of famous world players.
Another trend is about any merchandise, including textile towels, lamps, shoes, tents, candy packages, stationery and school supplies, etc., to put the images of popular cartoon characters. In this way, the child is attracted to precisely these products and not to the cheaper alternatives without illustrations.
The detained child counterfeit goods arrive mainly from China and Turkey.
Along with counterfeit and smuggled goods, in recent months, together with the State Agency for Metrology and Technical Surveillance, the Customs Agency has also prevented the realization of over 263,000 non-conforming and dangerous toys. The largest number among them are the spinners (251,900), and softball balls (115,732), as well as smaller quantities of children's scooters, hoverboards and antistress cubes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven