Storm in Karnobat, Southeastern Bulgaria: Streets and Houses in Water!
A strong storm with harsh rain and hail occurred in Karnobat late last night.
The storm lasted about 15 minutes and for that time the streets of the city flooded. The ground floors of the houses are also in the water.
Large branches are cut off from the trees and the agricultural crops in the region are almost destroyed. Fortunately, there are no injured people, Bulgaria ON AIR announced.
The roof of the school "Hristo Smirnenski" has flowed because of the hail, the mayor of Karnobat Georgi Dimitrov told BNT.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Antarctic Expedition Reached Livingston Island
- » Bulgaria’s Suffocating Cities: Ten Major Urban Areas Report Serious Air Pollution Problems
- » Bulgaria: State of Emergency in Rhodopean Village over Manganese in Drinking Water
- » Israel Struggles with Massive Tar Slick, Beaches Contaminated, Closed
- » China Ramps up Efforts for Weather Control, Neighbors Worry
- » Mostly Sunny Weather in Bulgaria Today