Minister of EC Presidency Pavlova: We will Investigate the Spending of EU Funds
Bulgaria will make a new financial check on the way the EU funds have been spent since we joined the European Union up to the present day. The aim is to analyze the rules for the use of the money for the European programs for the next European budget until 2027. This was announced by the Minister of the Bulgarian Euro-Presidency Lilyana Pavlova at an international conference in Sofia of the Court of Auditors from EU, Western Balkans and Turkey, BNT reported.
After the end of the Bulgarian Presidency of the European Council, a group will be set up to analyze the spending of the common agricultural policy and the construction of new infrastructure. The results of the analysis will be used for new rules on spending funds in the next budget - for migration, climate change and digitization.
Minister Liliana Pavlova admitted that a big problem which remains is the lack of trust from the citizens.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria