Because of the Warm Weather Thousands of Migrants Tried to Escape in Europe
In the last 48 hours, the Spanish authorities saved nearly 500 refugees from drowning.
The rescue operations have saved 476 migrants in the Mediterranean sea during the last 48 hours, BTA reported, quoting Associated Press.
Migrants sailed with 15 small boats from the African coast.
The favorable weather conditions in the Strait of Gibraltar seem to have led to the increase of migratory flows.
Every year, thousands of migrants try to reach Spain and other European countries in boats provided by traffickers.
Thousands of migrants are drowning annually because these vessels are not suitable for sailing in open waters.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Serbia Declares a State of Emergency in Belgrade
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov and the Minister of Defense Attended the Celebration of the Plovdiv Garrison
- » Bulgaria Asks Why Britain Lifts Quarantine For More Than 50 Nations — But Not For Bulgarians
- » European Commission Invests €1 Billion in Innovative Clean Technology Projects