Police Action Against the ISIS Propaganda Sites “Has Had No Visible Impact”
Europol has said the ISIS propaganda machine has been dealt a major blow thanks to an international police operation launched on Wednesday, The Brussels Times reports.
However, historian Pieter Van Ostaeyen, an expert in the Arab world and ISIS, says this is “a slightly exaggeration” and there hasn’t been any impact.
“This operation doesn’t seem to have had any effect. There has been no disruption to Amaq, the ISIS communication channel, since Wednesday. On the contrary, ISIS is still very active via telegram. I can still access all the usual channels”, Mr Van Ostaeyen told the Belga Agency on Friday.
This is the first time Europol has spoken about an operation against ISIS propaganda channels. Europol claimed the operation had affected ISIS’s capacity to broadcast terrorist propaganda.
Pieter Van Ostaeyen cannot see what was actually achieved. “I don’t know what Europol are trying to do, but I’ve personally seen no impact”.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 340 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv is Negotiating the Supply of Long-Range Missiles
- » Former NATO General became the New President of the Czech Republic
- » Day 339 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Heaving Fighting for Vuhledar and Bakhmut
- » Austria and the Netherlands are "United in Opposition to Schengen Expansion"
- » 2023 Bosnia and Hercegovina: Putinians to Establish Institutional Control of the Country
- » Ursula von der Leyen: Strengthening the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a Priority