Police Action Against the ISIS Propaganda Sites “Has Had No Visible Impact”
Europol has said the ISIS propaganda machine has been dealt a major blow thanks to an international police operation launched on Wednesday, The Brussels Times reports.
However, historian Pieter Van Ostaeyen, an expert in the Arab world and ISIS, says this is “a slightly exaggeration” and there hasn’t been any impact.
“This operation doesn’t seem to have had any effect. There has been no disruption to Amaq, the ISIS communication channel, since Wednesday. On the contrary, ISIS is still very active via telegram. I can still access all the usual channels”, Mr Van Ostaeyen told the Belga Agency on Friday.
This is the first time Europol has spoken about an operation against ISIS propaganda channels. Europol claimed the operation had affected ISIS’s capacity to broadcast terrorist propaganda.
Pieter Van Ostaeyen cannot see what was actually achieved. “I don’t know what Europol are trying to do, but I’ve personally seen no impact”.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Dozens Killed and Injured after an Explosion in a Pakistani Mosque
- » A Greek Fighter Jet has Crashed in the Ionian Sea, the Two Pilots are Missing
- » European Commission: EU Member States can Finance the Fence along the Bulgarian-Turkish Border Themselves
- » Day 341 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin Threatened Boris Johnson with a Missile
- » Israel is making it easier to Own Guns and sends more Troops to the West Bank
- » Israel strikes an Iranian Munitions Site with Targeted Drones