PM Borisov is Opposed to the Return of Smoking to Establishments
Prime Minister Boyko Borisov announced he is opposed to the return of the division in establishments of smoking area and non-smoking saloon.
"We at GERB are convinced and we have backed up all the actions involved in the fight against smoking that damages human health. This will be my opinion if the topic is set. Meanwhile this is his opinion (Valery Simeonov on his suggestion to abolish the complete ban on smoking in the restaurants), he expressed it. We have not spoken, but that does not mean that he can not have an opinion. Democracy is pluralism of opinions - I support this, "he said at a conference on the presentation of results of checks on smuggling of cigarettes.
The prime minister congratulated the institutions for their job in the fight against the smuggling of cigarettes.
"We can assure that in all spheres of the fight against smuggling and corruption we are relentless. For two and a half years, it is precisely this lasting trend, as the reduction of foreign debt, "he said.
With the proceeds from the fight against cigarette smuggling, various European policies, including the Cohesion Policy, could be pursued, Borisov said. Concerning short-term measures to tackle smuggling of cigarettes in the country, Borisov has assured that measures will be taken, among which markets will have more policemen.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend
- » Bulgaria: Head of State Agency for Wiretapping Replaced by President Radev