Scientists have Discovered a Second Magnetic Field on Earth in the World Ocean
Scientists have discovered a second magnetic field on Earth, which is 20,000 times weaker than the one we know existed up to now, said the European Space Agency.
The discovery was made after a 4-year observation of the magnetosphere. The second, extremely weak magnetic field found in the waters of the World Ocean is created by electrically charged particles in the water. The ions dissolved in the water are often seen in strong currents and also during tides. With the observations of the "Swarm" satellite, scientists have been able to compile a detailed three-dimensional map of the movement of the weak magnetic fields in the vast water masses of the planet.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » France Is Tightening Measures Against COVID-19, Devided Into Zones
- » Ekathimerini: Lockdown ‘Strongest Weapon’ Against Virus Surge in Athens
- » Bulgarians Can Now Travel to Italy Without Restrictions
- » Finland Opens Its Borders, 14-Day Quarantine for Bulgarians
- » Nepal: Record 2020 COVID-19 Cases in the Day After Lockdown was Lifted
- » Yoshihide Suga Elected as Japan Prime Minister