Minister for the Bulgarian Presidency: First 3 Months of Bulgarian Presidency Have Been Successful
Evaluations for the first three months of the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU are very high, Minister for the Bulgarian Presidency, Liliyana Pavlova, said on 11th of April. As top event of the Bulgarian presidency, she pointed the EU-Western Balkans meeting scheduled to take place in May. The goal of our country is to adopt a "Declaration from Sofia" in which leaders ensure that the European perspective of the Western Balkans goes through connectivity.
The first three months of the presidency have been successful and dynamic as the dynamics of processes in Europe called for very complex debates, talks and meetings, she said.
One of the ambitions of the Bulgarian Presidency is to reach an agreement on the reform of the asylum system or the so-called Dublin regulation. Pavlova said she was pleased that there was progress on this issue because of the new approach proposed by Bulgaria for enhanced control of the external borders.
The aim of the Bulgarian Presidency is the integration of the Western Balkans to enter irrevocably into the EU's agenda and be guaranteed by a joint declaration.
Source: The Bulgarian National Television
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria