People in Mexico who Pass Away will Automatically Become Organ Donors
The Mexican Senate approved a reform of the health system, according to which any deceased adult automatically becomes a potential donor. "The decision on the reform of the general health care law in its organ donation section was adopted by 75 votes in favor, with no one against and one abstaining," the senate said in a Twitter statement.
Under the proposal, in the absence of medical contraindications, organs and tissues can be automatically taken for donation without the consent of the relatives. The only exception to this rule is if the deceased has left a written application in writing in which he refuses the use of his organs for transplantation.
The amendment to the law of organ donors should now be approved by the Chamber of Deputies.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Scholz: Russia will Not Win its War in Ukraine
- » Day 92 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia Attacked 40 Cities in Donbas, Kyiv Criticizes NATO
- » Poroshenko urges Bulgaria to Close Ports for Russian Ships and Calls for Arbitration over Gazprom
- » Latvia: If Ukraine Loses, We are Next
- » Ukraine will Not Make Territorial Concessions in the Name of Peace with Russia
- » The EC is Proposing to Confiscate the Assets of Violators of EU Sanctions