Bulgarian Foreign Minister is on a Working Visit to the Republic of South Africa
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva arrived at Oliver Tambo Airport in Johannesburg, South Africa (RSO), the Foreign Ministry said. On the first day of her visit, she will co-chair the ministerial meeting in the framework of the political dialogue between the European Union and the South African Development Community (SADC).
Zaharieva will lead the European delegation as Foreign Minister of the rotating President of the Council of the EU. On the part of the SADC, the format will be co-chaired by Ms Linda Sisulu, the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Co-operation of South Africa.
SADC was established in 1992. It includes 16 countries: Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Seychelles and Tanzania.
The diplomatic relations between the Republic of Bulgaria and the Republic of South Africa were established in February 1992 at ambassadorial level and their 25th anniversary was recently celebrated.
For this relatively short time excellent relationship have been built between the two countries.
Special and important bridge between Bulgaria and South Africa is co-operation in education. Many South African citizens have completed higher education in Bulgaria, some of them already occupying important positions in their homeland. At present, students from South Africa are studying at the Agrarian University of Plovdiv. Another 20 students are expected at the Thracian University in Stara Zagora.
At the same time, there are between 25,000 and 30,000 Bulgarians in South Africa, mainly in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town and Durban. There are three Bulgarian organizations in the country - the communities in Pretoria and Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Lavrov: After the Mess Up in Bulgaria, our Embassy cannot Function Normally
- » Russia stopped issuing Tourist Visas for Bulgarians
- » History: How many Times were Diplomatic Relations between Russia and Bulgaria Severed
- » 70 Diplomats and Employees of the Russian Embassy are Leaving Bulgaria
- » Expelled Russian Diplomats are Leaving Bulgaria with their Families: 2 Flights are Taking Out more than 160 People Today
- » Ambassador Mitrofanova will Propose to Putin the Closure of the Russian Embassy in Bulgaria